Monday, March 9, 2015

Poetry

By: Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Meaning
The meaning of my poem is that there is two roads diverged in a forest. However, it is having a hard time choosing which path to take. Later on, it says that it took the other path, because it was grassy, however, both of them had worn them about the same. Yet, knowing how way leads on to way, it doubted if it should ever come back. At the end, it says that it took the one less traveled by, which has made all the difference. Basically, why I really liked this poem was because it felt like it was telling us to take where it had no path, but leaving a trail. Which could also mean, to follow our dreams, and never think that something is impossible but just follow your heart, and leave a path.


By: Runita R Menezes

Just follow your heart,
And follow your dreams,
Don't be afraid to re-start,
Even though it means going down stream.

Often advisors may say
Do this or take on that
But its best when you follow your own way,
By doing just what your good at.

Since, to realise what you want,
Is an impossible feat
But emptiness continues to haunt,
Until you choose that which makes you complete.

In time the right path will be revealed
And you will begin to understand your part.
But you've got to have the courage to believe,
And continue to, ' Follow your Heart'

Compare and Contrast
I tried to find a poem that was similar to never giving up, keeping up with the dream, and following up with your heart. As I said above in the meaning of the poem “The Road Not Taken”, I wrote that I believed the poem was talking about how you had to trust in yourself in choosing the right path. Also, instead of choosing the road that has been taken, it chose the one less traveled by. In this poem where it says, “But emptiness continues to haunt, Until you choose that which makes you complete” was a very powerful line because it talked about even though there is emptiness, it’s just a shift in your mind that you can change it. Overall, as you can see, this poem leads to another, and is very similar in terms of teaching us about life which is following your heart, and making your dream possible.

1 comment: