Sunday, March 22, 2015

Math Core Values

Balanced: They understand the importance of a well-rounded education that incorporates academics, arts, athletics, and community service.
I believe that in this semester, I worked hard to be balanced. I’ve done several many after schools, and outside of school too, and still managed to work on homework, and keep everything organized. However, if I weren’t to be responsible, I wouldn’t have been able to accomplish this core value because this really involved time management and whether I could fit some things to do others. Sometimes, I did get stressed of the work overloaded of many different classes, after schools, classes outside of school, etc. However, I was able to work it out and I hope that if I keep trying to be balanced starting from now, it would be a great preparation for high school and for life! Overall, these are the reasons why I thought that the core value that I worked on was being balanced.

Communicators: They value the importance of clarity in communication across multiple languages and through a variety of digitally collaborative venues.
A core value that I still need to work on during Math class would be communicator because what I noticed was I would just try to do everything on my own when solving problems, and never ask the teacher. A habit that I have is that, sometimes, even if the math problem is very hard, I try very hard to solve it on my own, and not ask the teacher. This results to not being able to communicate with others when solving, or asking to the teacher or classmates. However, as math gets harder every grade, I think I should work on this skill so that later on, when I really come up to a hard question, I wouldn’t make my mind explode, but instead, ask people and solve it together by communicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment