Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What did we do?

Essential Understanding: People’s decisions and actions affect their performance in different field events


Essential Questions:
  • What movement skills are need to be successful in different field events?
  • What are my responsibilities regarding my participation in field events? (safety, fair play, respect appreciation of all levels, positive behavior in competition, aspects of performance that need improving)
  • How can the skills and attitudes learned in field events be used in other sports and activities?


The skills that we need to be successful in field events is to be able to control yourself. If you know when to run, when to stop, and how to push yourself when running, then that would be very helpful in this unit. Some groups were running extremely fast and some weren’t, I think that was the part that wasn’t so fair. Not only that, but we basically stayed with the same group so then the results were always the same. Anyways, my responsibilities were safety for the first, to have a fair play, and positive behavior in competitions. Safety, because nobody wants someone to be hurt while running. Secondly, a fair play since if somebody cheated then that team would have won all the time just by doing nothing but cheating. Thirdly, having a positive behavior in competitions is always nice. I mean if someone is mean and sad while doing this activity,  it also makes me feel kind of mad for some reason. Moving on, the skills I learned is to stop fast, and how to start running for a better result. Not only that, but because we kept practicing running, I believe that my running skills improved and got a lot faster. Also, although we only did the jumping for only few classes, it was fun and I know that the amount of how long I can jump got way better than the past.


Application
Level 1
(60%-69%)
Level 2
(70%-79%)
Level 3
(80%-89%)
Level 4
(90%-100%)
Movement skills (running, jumping)
Performs movement skill with limited competence
Performs movement skill with moderate competence
Performs movement skill with considerable competence
Performs movement skill with a high degree of competence
Safe use of procedures and equipment
Infrequently uses procedures and equipment safely and correctly
Sometime uses procedures and equipment safely and correctly
Regularly uses procedures and equipment safely and correctly
Always or almost always uses procedures and equipment safely and correctly
Behaviour and strategies that enhance participation and personal success in field events
Infrequently demonstrates appropriate behaviour and strategies
Sometimes demonstrates appropriate behaviour and strategies

Regularly demonstrates appropriate behaviour and strategies

Always or almost always demonstrates appropriate behaviour and strategies



Comments: I believe that my running, and jumping performed a skill with a high degree of competence. To support it, I don’t think I run too slow but at the same time not too fast. I run at a right speed, and although I can’t jump so far like the boys, I try my best. That’s why I highlighted “almost always”.


No comments:

Post a Comment