Monday, October 28, 2013

The Very First & Last Experience in my Life!


28 October 2013 - Day 1

For me, I have never been a vegetarian, and to say the truth, I don’t really enjoy eating vegetables at all. However, I have always kept in mind that I should since it would be a benefit for my own health. I have always eaten meat and rice everyday at school and sometimes bread and dessert for later. Now that I think about it, I haven’t really eaten salad. Instead it’s rare when I do. Hopefully, now that I have to become a vegetarian for seven days, I am quite excited but at the same time, worried because I have to fight what my stomach wants me to eat. I can see that it’s going to be very challenging for me.
Today at lunch, I kept forgetting that I couldn’t eat meat. I was very hungry, and was about to grab it when it suddenly came to mind that I couldn’t. Luana said she was able to handle the meat that was given today, but I loved the type of meat they served. It was basically one of my favorite food! I couldn’t bare myself not eating it, however I just tried and just ate broccoli with cream, and plain bread. I just noticed I only ate cream instead of broccoli! Yet, I understand it since I don’t like broccolis, and at least I didn’t eat any kind of meat. I guess the bread and cream made me full throughout the 2 classes.
After school ended, mom and I went to the supermarket. I knew I wasn’t going to buy any kind of meat at all and I tried to keep that in mind. Surprisingly, I found myself in the meat section where there were bacon, sausage, salami, ham, etc. I was astonished of how I even ended up there. Because I knew that I couldn’t eat any kind of meat, I decided to eat pizza. I was going to buy pepperoni pizza, and when I tried to put it in the cart, my mom told me that it was pepperoni, which was basically meat. I felt as if I was forgetting what meat was. Due to that, I gave up buying pizza and just ended up buying pão de queijo. You have no idea how I felt when I couldn’t choose the pepperoni pizza. I was just asking myself, ‘should I really become a vegetarian?’  
Moving on, for dinner, I ate fish cakes (picture on the bottom). I didn’t take a picture because my phone battery was all gone, however I found a picture and that’s how it basically looks like. I guess I was able to live without meat today, but hopefully I can live like this for the rest of the week.
Overall, I feel like I’m not so used to this new “environment”, however I am going to try my best, and try to make my goal come true. Although I’m really sad that there will be nuggets tomorrow, which is basically my favorite food I will try my best. Hopefully, I will survive!

Juya. Fish Cakes. Digital image. Sweet Home Soups. N.p., 9 Oct. 2011. Web. 28 Oct. 2013.<http://askgongjuya.com/archives/category/eatright%E2%93%92juya/soups-eatright%E2%93%92juya>.

No comments:

Post a Comment